Saturday, April 6, 2013

F is for "Fidelity" (2013 A to Z Blog Challenge)


(For my A to Z Blogging Challenge 2013, I am going to share music - one song a day - that has meant something somehow to me in my life.)



"Fidelity" by Regina Spektor

The Facts:

1) I fell in love with this song when it was being played frequently on VH1.  We had cable tv, then, in 2006/07.   I loved the song.  I loved the video.

2) This song I associate with the early months of my marriage.

3) In March 2007, I drove a couple of hours downstate to a meeting.  I listened to this song in my car on repeat, over and over, to memorize it just for fun.

4) A month later I discovered I was pregnant, and I associate this song with that, too.  A year later, five years ago today, we had our baby's funeral.

5) Despite all of that, I still love this song.


No comments:

Post a Comment