Monday, April 1, 2013

A is for "Another Brick in the Wall" (part 2) - Pink Floyd (AtoZ Blogging Challenge 2013)

(For my A to Z Blogging Challenge 2013, I am going to share music - one song a day - that has meant something somehow to me in my life. )

Fact  #1)  "Another Brick in the Wall" (part 2) is a 'bus song'.   I rode a school bus to elementary school and junior high / middle school (my junior high was officially changed to a middle school when I was in 8th grade) every day. This included most of the decade of the 1980s.  My first memory of this particular song was one morning on the way to kindergarten.  I was five.   I also lived at the very beginning and end - depending on which way we were headed - of the bus route.  Only one other student got on or off before me.  Plenty of time to listen to the radio!

Fact #2) My brother made me watch some scary movie back in 2000 with the sound turned off and the entirety of  "The Wall" (album) playing.   I can't remember for the life of me the movie's title, but I remember the experience itself and some of the movie.

Fact #3) I still love this song, and like to workout to it.

Fact #4) My brother warned me not to listen too long to the full album, as it is kind of a downer.  It is just mostly this son (and the other parts sometimes.)


3 comments:

  1. I remember listening to songs on the bus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just here visiting as another A-Z challenge neighbor! I am looking forward to reading your posts. I too remember this song from my early teen years & have not seen this video since early VH-1/ MTV days! Eeekks, I am not THAT old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! I've never really listened to Pink Floyd much, but of course I know this song :)

    It's nice to meet you. I'm following you now, I like your blog :)

    Hugs from Nikki - thelittlenordiccabin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete