I need to find some friends who like games. Not complicated games, necessarily, either. I think this is why I like to visit my parents. My mom is always willing to play (except for Monopoly.) My dad got a new game for his birthday. It is called "Ticket to Ride". My mom and I played two games tonight. She beat me by one point the first game and six points the second! It is a board game, but I really like it. Some other favorites of ours lately are Quiddler and Mexican Train Dominoes, as well as Zero. I hope that when our two-year-old is older that he'll like to play games, but it is really a lot of fun. My favorite parties, especially as an adult, have involved games. It's a way to participate in a structured way, especially if you find talking to too many people and too much small talk difficult to handle. Games are perfect! I really loved playing Apples to Apples a few years ago with a rather diverse group of people. I hadn't laughed so hard in a long time.
I know that games aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoy them, and the learning of them is great for the mind.
Some other favorite games of mine over the years: various versions of Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, Scrabble, Boggle, Life, and Upwords. I liked Puerto Rico when we played it one night at a friend's house.
I know that games aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoy them, and the learning of them is great for the mind.
Some other favorite games of mine over the years: various versions of Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly, Scrabble, Boggle, Life, and Upwords. I liked Puerto Rico when we played it one night at a friend's house.
No comments:
Post a Comment