Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tips for Writing Blog Posts?

So . . .  I just read this blog post on writing blog posts: http://networkedblogs.com/BISGt.  She says to keep posts relatively short.

The problem with this is that when someone writes a really good blog post about something I am really interested in, I then find the blog post too short.  I want more.

So therefore, if I am really interested in something, my post might be longer on that topic because someone else might be really interested and care for a longer post.    Even in magazines, I have been frustrated by the brevity of an article.   Sometimes I have questioned why it was ended when it was . . .  it should have been longer.

The other tips from the blog above are good, though, although I am not sure about the advice about asking questions.  I am not sure I'd do that each and every time!

There is another post about blogging today, from Daddy Doin' Work.  I really like his advice for new bloggers, particularly about knowing your "Why" for blogging.  Maybe I need to really think about my "Why", besides practicing writing or just keeping a journal.   Here is a link to his blog post: http://daddydoinwork.com/advice/

No comments:

Post a Comment