(For my A to Z Blogging Challenge 2013, I am going to share music that has meant something to me in my life at some point. I will include one or two songs per day of the challenge.)
Choosing this video for this song . . . the first time I have ever seen the video. I didn't even realize a video existed. This is, what, fourteen years or so after the fact? Yes. This is true. It never even occurred to me that there ever was one until I started writing this post.
I listened this song back in the late 1990s, and even own a cd. I listened to this one often, too. It was during the period of time that I was living with my parents, in graduate school, and working part-time at a grocery store. It really almost perfectly captures my feelings of that time period in my life. I was very anxious and somewhat depressed then. I don't know that explains anything - except that I really thought that I wasn't going anywhere in life. Fortunately, I was wrong! (And got a job off for a full-time professional position, which helped my outlook immensely.)
Stopping by from the A-Z challenge. I also love this song, but I believe I first heard it when I was watching the movie "Cruel Intentions." It will always be one of my favorites too!
ReplyDeleteOne of my truly favourite songs, LJ. Thanks for picking it and sharing.
ReplyDeletei love The Verve! and Bittersweet Symphony is a great song, even if they had to give all their royalties to the Rolling Stones. glad to see someone else is also blogging about music.
ReplyDeleteif this appears twice i apologize. i love the Verve and Bittersweet Symphony is a great song, even if they had to give their royalties to the Stones.
ReplyDeleteglad someone else is blogging about music.