Wednesday, April 3, 2013

C is for Crimson and Clover (2013 A to Z Blogging Challenge)


(For my A to Z Blogging Challenge 2013, I am going to share music - one song a day - that has meant something somehow to me in my life. 


"Crimson and Clover" by Tommy James & the Shondells. . . 

Fact #1) In the spring of 1998, I purchased the record (an actual vinyl LP) at a garage sale.   

Fact #2) The record still works.  When I have had a working record player - two of which I acquired at garage sales.  At present I have one of them. 

Fact #3)  I liked this song long before I purchased the record.  I heard it on the oldies station and fell in love.  I was a strange teenager, I admit.   I loved 60s music, too.   This is kind of a weird choice for me, too, because I don't always like really slow songs.  This one resonated with me for some reason.  It might be about s-e-x, but that's not why I liked it, either.   I have no idea except that it has always made me feel somewhat relaxed . . . something a person with anxiety who does not like alcohol or other vices (except for eating and reading) needs to relax.  


1 comment:

  1. My teenage heartthrob! How's that for dating one's self?

    ReplyDelete