Friday, April 5, 2013

E is for "Eternal Flame" (2013 A to Z Blogging Challenge)


(For my A to Z Blogging Challenge 2013, I am going to share music - one song a day - that has meant something somehow to me in my life.)

EEEEEE!

"Eternal Flame" by the Bangles

The Facts:

1) I am giving away my age, but this was my favorite song around my 14th birthday.  This was the same year this song was released as a single, and was hitting the top of the US charts around my birthday, as a matter of fact. 

2) I had been a Bangles fan for a couple of years, particularly because of song such as "Walk Like an Egyptian", "Manic Monday," and their cover of "Hazy Shade of Winter."

3)  This was also a "bus song."  Remember, I rode yellow school buses to school through the 8th grade!

4) I used to sing along with this song no matter where I was, but on the bus I sang very quietly.  I didn't want anyone to hear me.  I was already a victim of the "mean girls" at school, and I would not add any fuel to the fire.  

5) I have never seen this video before.  I don't remember seeing one back then.  Either that or I thought the video was boring!



PS - This is my 100th Post on this blog! 


2 comments:

  1. If you're concerned about giving away YOUR age, I don't dare mentioned what I was listening to at 14. LOL I'm using the Random Generator to visit A-Z blogs- yours is one for today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bangles were one of the all time best girl bands EVER! I recently introduced my girls to them. They weren't as impressed ... geesh!

    ReplyDelete