(For the 2014 A to Z Blogging Challenge, I am revisiting excerpts of some of
my old journal entries from approximately 1986 to 1999. There will be
something in the entry that has to do with that day's letter. These are
my original writings and I intend them to remain as such.)
March 20, 1997:
"At Canino's in Fort Collins, J__ said near the end of the meal, 'I lick all of my utensils before starting.' He said this to A___ because she accidentally picked up his fork during the meal in Salina and ate one bite from it while he was taking a phone call. She was quite embarrassed."
This was something that happened during the handbell concert tour the ensemble took during spring break my senior year. I tried not to do anything embarrassing during the trip, but I managed to experience altitude sickness the first evening in Colorado. I learned to drink a lot of water in the future! At Canino's Italian Restaurant, I am fairly sure I partook of pizza. I could eat cheese, tomatoes and gluten back then.
And if you go to their menu, they now have gluten-free items!
http://www.caninositalianrestaurant.com/
I haven't been back to Fort Collins since 1997.
March 20, 1997:
"At Canino's in Fort Collins, J__ said near the end of the meal, 'I lick all of my utensils before starting.' He said this to A___ because she accidentally picked up his fork during the meal in Salina and ate one bite from it while he was taking a phone call. She was quite embarrassed."
This was something that happened during the handbell concert tour the ensemble took during spring break my senior year. I tried not to do anything embarrassing during the trip, but I managed to experience altitude sickness the first evening in Colorado. I learned to drink a lot of water in the future! At Canino's Italian Restaurant, I am fairly sure I partook of pizza. I could eat cheese, tomatoes and gluten back then.
And if you go to their menu, they now have gluten-free items!
http://www.caninositalianrestaurant.com/
I haven't been back to Fort Collins since 1997.
No comments:
Post a Comment