Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A is for Anne Rice

(For the 2014 A to Z Blogging Challenge, I am revisiting excerpts of some of my old journal entries from approximately 1986 to 1999.  There will be something in the entry that has to do with that day's letter. These are my original writings and I intend them to remain as such.)

January 4, 1996:
"As you see, I did not die.  I did, however feel doomed that night - doomed to die with the old year.   I have been reading the biography of Anne Rice -  and her obsession with the best at something and achieving fame and fortune - never quite fitting in with the crowd around her. . .

My peak flow when I got to the hospital on Jan 1 was 115.  Very bad."

It turns out that when I was home from college on breaks on my junior year, I was being exposed to mold, besides a real (not fake) Christmas tree that I was also allergic to.  My asthma was very bad.  I remember trying not to panic on the way to the ER. They didn't make me wait in the waiting room.

  At that point, I had read almost all of Anne Rice's books books published up to that point.  And yes, I am looking forward to her new Lestat book coming out this fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment