When I was fourteen years old, the "new" Brady Bunch series "The Bradys" debuted on CBS. (And let me state here that I am in no way affiliated with this network!)
In 1988, "A Very Brady Christmas" did fairly well in the ratings (I should know, as I watched it), and so it was decided that they could turn those rating into another series. Almost all of the original actors were involved in that making of this show. In "A Very Brady Christmas", the original Cindy (Susan Olsen) was played by another actress. (And I always thought it was ridiculous that Cindy was still an undergrad in that movie . . . I had done my math. Cindy was around 12 when the original show ended in 1974, so by 1988, she should have been 26, unless she was just being a perpetual student. . . but I digress.) In "The Bradys," Marcia was played by a different actress. I noted all of these things. I was a little obsessed, actually. By early 1990, when it premiered, the original series has been off the air for almost sixteen years.
One thing I regretted was that I did not record the "premiere" (of the five actual episodes that aired) on vhs. It was known as 'The Brady 500'. I always wished that I had. I don't know why, just that I wished I had - maybe because of my obsession. So that I could watch it again! Years later - maybe 2002 or 2003, when I had cable briefly - it was on a cable channel that I got. I thought I had recorded it (on VHS tape), but I could never find it later. I thought it was on an unlabelled tape. . . I have been searching tapes for years - and have never found it! After ten years, I have given up.
Besides, supposedly the Brady 500 is available on the furry box set of the"The Brady Bunch", on the bonus DVD. I don't have the money blow on this set . . . and I cannot find this disc through Netflix. I have been checking periodically for years.
One or two of the other "The Bradys" episodes are on You Tube. However, 'The Brady 500' - in which Bobby, who has giving up grad school for racing (I think Indy Car, but don't really remember) - crashes and is paralyzed. Also, Jan and Phillip are going to adopt a little girl from Korea since they can't conceive a baby. And Wally has lost another job. I am not saying it was great tv . . . in fact, it is kind of painful at times, but I liked it then.
Here is an example of the final episode that aired:
In 1988, "A Very Brady Christmas" did fairly well in the ratings (I should know, as I watched it), and so it was decided that they could turn those rating into another series. Almost all of the original actors were involved in that making of this show. In "A Very Brady Christmas", the original Cindy (Susan Olsen) was played by another actress. (And I always thought it was ridiculous that Cindy was still an undergrad in that movie . . . I had done my math. Cindy was around 12 when the original show ended in 1974, so by 1988, she should have been 26, unless she was just being a perpetual student. . . but I digress.) In "The Bradys," Marcia was played by a different actress. I noted all of these things. I was a little obsessed, actually. By early 1990, when it premiered, the original series has been off the air for almost sixteen years.
One thing I regretted was that I did not record the "premiere" (of the five actual episodes that aired) on vhs. It was known as 'The Brady 500'. I always wished that I had. I don't know why, just that I wished I had - maybe because of my obsession. So that I could watch it again! Years later - maybe 2002 or 2003, when I had cable briefly - it was on a cable channel that I got. I thought I had recorded it (on VHS tape), but I could never find it later. I thought it was on an unlabelled tape. . . I have been searching tapes for years - and have never found it! After ten years, I have given up.
Besides, supposedly the Brady 500 is available on the furry box set of the"The Brady Bunch", on the bonus DVD. I don't have the money blow on this set . . . and I cannot find this disc through Netflix. I have been checking periodically for years.
One or two of the other "The Bradys" episodes are on You Tube. However, 'The Brady 500' - in which Bobby, who has giving up grad school for racing (I think Indy Car, but don't really remember) - crashes and is paralyzed. Also, Jan and Phillip are going to adopt a little girl from Korea since they can't conceive a baby. And Wally has lost another job. I am not saying it was great tv . . . in fact, it is kind of painful at times, but I liked it then.
Here is an example of the final episode that aired:
No comments:
Post a Comment