Monday, May 13, 2013

A Dream Related to "Half-Finished Food"

I had a dream very early this morning.  It was one of those that seemed so real while I was having it.  I dreamed that I had gotten a provisional job at a posh daycare/preschool.  One of the children told me he wanted a sandwich for lunch. I made it for him as per his instructions.  I served it to him, and he took one bite.  In an instant, he was crying that he didn't want it, that it was all wrong.   My supervisor came over to me and asked what is wrong.  I explained the situation.

She said, "Here we make sure every child gets what he or she wants!"  She snapped her fingers and another child care worker brought a beautifully cut platter of cheese and sausage.

"That's not a proper lunch," I said.  "And he should finish what he originally asked for."

"You will no longer remain in our employ.  The children here get what they want."

"They will all grow up to be spoiled brats," I said.

And that's when I woke up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment