(For my A to Z Blogging Challenge 2013, I am going to share music - one song a day - that has meant something somehow to me in my life.)
"Strawberry Fields Forever" - The Beatles
1) How could I be making this list of songs and not include the Beatles? My favorite group ever. I waited until now, though, because this song is one of my absolute favorites.
2) I listened to this piece in the car to and from school my senior year of high school . Um, yeah, that was 20 years ago . . . oh, I feel so old!
3) In the best short story I wrote as an undergrad in college, I wrote about listening to this song on the way home from my volunteer job at a hospital, during my high school years, when I saw a dead body on a gurney for the first time.
4) High school is not the best time of your life. I didn't think so. I am sure that for some people it is/was the time of their lives, but not for me. Yes, marching band was fun, concert band was fun, playing bells was fun, and other aspects were fun, but it wasn't the absolute time of my life. There was, and is. still so much more to come!
5) This is one of my favorite songs ever . . . and have always wanted to play it on bells.
"Strawberry Fields Forever" - The Beatles
1) How could I be making this list of songs and not include the Beatles? My favorite group ever. I waited until now, though, because this song is one of my absolute favorites.
2) I listened to this piece in the car to and from school my senior year of high school . Um, yeah, that was 20 years ago . . . oh, I feel so old!
3) In the best short story I wrote as an undergrad in college, I wrote about listening to this song on the way home from my volunteer job at a hospital, during my high school years, when I saw a dead body on a gurney for the first time.
4) High school is not the best time of your life. I didn't think so. I am sure that for some people it is/was the time of their lives, but not for me. Yes, marching band was fun, concert band was fun, playing bells was fun, and other aspects were fun, but it wasn't the absolute time of my life. There was, and is. still so much more to come!
5) This is one of my favorite songs ever . . . and have always wanted to play it on bells.
No comments:
Post a Comment