Thursday, April 18, 2013

P is for "Parents Just Don't Understand"


(For my A to Z Blogging Challenge 2013, I am going to share music - one song a day - that has meant something somehow to me in my life.)

"Parents Just Don't Understand" ~  DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince

At age 13, I was familiar with Weird Al and not yet familiar with They Might Be Giants . . . and when I heard this one on the radio, I laughed out loud (and recorded from the radio to cassette on my mini-boom box.  Don't worry . . . that cassette of mine no longer works.)

The line I remember best from back then:
"Mom, please put back the bell-bottom Brady Bunch trousers."

Yes, I liked to watch "Brady Bunch" reruns, too, so I loved the reference.   I also hated bell bottoms, and had first complained to my mom about that issue when I was 9, four years before.  They were not cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment