Thursday, April 11, 2013

J is for Jingle Bell Rock


(For my A to Z Blogging Challenge 2013, I am going to share music - one song a day - that has meant something somehow to me in my life.)

"Jingle Bell Rock"

1) This was one of my favorites to sing as a young elementary school kid.  I learned it not in school, though, but in Camp Fire.   Our Camp Fire area sang this as one of the songs we sang in enclosed, heated stage on the Circle in Indianapoliss

2) I don't know if this posted version is my favorite, but it seems to be the original, so I shall post it.  

3) In 2008, I played a handbell version with Sonoran Bells in Tucson, in our holiday concerts and at Tohono Chul Park.  Tohono Chul park is more memorable for me now, because it was the first time I'd ever seen Christmas lights on cacti and other desert plant life.  It was different from what I was used to in the Midwest.  I fell in love with it.  I miss Tucson. 


No comments:

Post a Comment