(For my A to Z Blogging Challenge 2013, I am going to share music - one song a day - that has meant something somehow to me in my life.)
"Iowa Stubborn" from "The Music Man" . . .
1) I have never personally lived in Iowa. I have visited a few times.
2) My dad lived in Iowa for a few years during his childhood.
3) My Grandpa loves this movie. Grandpa comments on all of the towns mentioned toward the end of this song.
4) When I was a kid, we did not have a VCR. (VCRs first came out around the time I was born, but few people I knew had them. We got one when I was 10.5 years old.) We did not have cable, either. So therefore, when PBS aired "The Music Man" (the 1962 version, of course, starring Robert Preston) usually once a year, it was a family event (along with "The Sound of Music" and "The Wizard of Oz"), when we made popcorn and Mom actually let us each pick out a single can of pop at the grocery store. I usually picked cream soda. Mom did not let us have pop regularly. I did not get a cavity until age 10.
5) This is one of my favorite songs from the movie.
"Iowa Stubborn" from "The Music Man" . . .
1) I have never personally lived in Iowa. I have visited a few times.
2) My dad lived in Iowa for a few years during his childhood.
3) My Grandpa loves this movie. Grandpa comments on all of the towns mentioned toward the end of this song.
4) When I was a kid, we did not have a VCR. (VCRs first came out around the time I was born, but few people I knew had them. We got one when I was 10.5 years old.) We did not have cable, either. So therefore, when PBS aired "The Music Man" (the 1962 version, of course, starring Robert Preston) usually once a year, it was a family event (along with "The Sound of Music" and "The Wizard of Oz"), when we made popcorn and Mom actually let us each pick out a single can of pop at the grocery store. I usually picked cream soda. Mom did not let us have pop regularly. I did not get a cavity until age 10.
5) This is one of my favorite songs from the movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment