Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ran a 5k Today

Today, at the gym, I ran an entire 5k on a treadmill.

It was the first run of that full distance since I ran my first race in April, earlier this year.   In April, I ran an entire 5k race, and finished in 40 minutes, 41 seconds.   I was very pleased with myself.  I never thought I would be able to do such a thing, due to asthma and a history of foot issues.

At the gym, this morning, I ran a 5k on the treadmill.  Sometimes I have to slow down to a fast walk so that my lungs can begin to recover, but I did it.   I have been doing shorter distances (1.5 to 2 miles) at a time, but have not gone for the full 3.1 miles since that race.

What I am really proud of today is that I did is with a time of exactly two minutes higher that my race time.   I am not that out of shape, after all!

I will cross train . . .  I will be doing other exercise tomorrow, and then may try another 5k on Friday.

I began going to a local gym a couple of weeks ago.  They offer decent child care.   My son loves going, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment