Saturday, June 30, 2012

We've moved

We are here.  The packing and cleaning and driving is done.   Tomorrow most of our things arrive, and Monday our boxes of books should be delivered.  

Our new place is relatively nice for the Chicago area, but not really as nice as our house in Tucson was.   Yes, the bathtubs here are extra deep, but this place doesn't have ceiling fans or as nice of windows blinds as the Tucson house did.  The a/c and heat control isn't quite as good, either.   I am a little afraid of our electric bill in a month.  We did move in at a very hot time, though.

We are not used to humidity any longer, either.  It is messing with our asthma (both me and my husband.)  

I went a little nuts with cleaning at the old place in Tucson . . . it was cleaner when we left it than when we moved in.  Again. Same with out previous apartments as well.  I get a little obsessive about it.  And then I always get annoyed when we get to the new place and I have to do more cleaning because the previous tenants were just not quite as serious about it.

We are enjoying already, though, being back closer to my parents.  I think my mom in particular is happy that we're so much closer again.


No comments:

Post a Comment