Yes, I could write about tornadoes, Tucson, tourniquets,tournaments, torment, Tim, and any other number of T topics. . .
However, the Thyroid is the best topic for today.
A month ago, I started on a higher dose of naturally dessicated thyroid replacement. My Free T-4 was at the bottom of "normal" and my TSH was ever so slowly starting to creep back up. For a possible future pregnancy, I need to get my Free T-4 at least mid-range of the "normal" range. It is important for fetal brain development.
I tried synthetic thyroid for a while. Oh, boy, the insomnia was terrible and my hair was falling out with even just a small dose. Apparently this is a stated possible side effect that most doctors are not even aware of.
After we move, I am going to have to find a new local compounding pharmacy and a doctor who will prescribe for me!
My grandmother on my dad's side had severe hypothyroidism. It was discovered when she was about my age, and she ended up in the hospital in a coma.
No comments:
Post a Comment