Wednesday, April 11, 2012

J is for . . . Jelly Beans? (Day # 10 of A to Z Blog Challenge)

There are lots of J choices for today . . . for instance, my nephew Jack is celebrating his first birthday in just a couple of days! Happy Birthday, Jack!

However, there is a more pressing topic.

I can no longer eat jelly beans - or at the least, none of the jelly beans I find in the grocery store, particularly certain name brands. The problem is that they ALL now have nut contamination warnings on them. They might have been exposed to tree nuts and peanuts in the factory.

I have not tried this yet, but I have found a recipe online. All it takes is gelatin, sugar, water and flavors. And a candy coating attachment for a mixer. Jelly bean molds are nice. . . I don't have jelly bean molds nor candy coating attachment. Hmm.

Here is the link to the directions:


I'd like to try this recipe and report back if it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment