Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Indexing (Day #9 of A to Z Blog Challenge)

Indexing

After trying to install the indexing software for the last month, it was finally successfully installed almost two weeks ago. Since then, I have indexed WWI Registration Cards from Georgia and Illinois, Ohio Marriage Records, and Texas Death Records (the first one of these I did included a baby who was born and died shortly after birth.) Since Monday, April 2, I have had opportunity to help index the newly released 1940 US Census info! So far . . . I have worked on Illinois, Virginia, Kansas, Oregon, and Colorado. Wisconsin, which I have been waiting for, is not available yet for indexing.

I love doing this kind of thing! It doesn't matter if I am not related to the people whose names I am indexing . . . I like to just roll their names over my tongue, particularly the more unique names.

No comments:

Post a Comment