I have been taking my son to Toddler Storytime at one of the local libraries on Wednesday mornings.
He seems to enjoy them. He particularly likes the songs and rhymes.
The problem is afterward. The storytime should start an hour earlier if possible, so that he has time to wind down to get ready for lunch and then a nap. We don't even leave for home until his regular lunch time, and then nap time gets pushed back. He just gets so off of schedule that nap time on Wednesdays becomes a screaming time - we are lucky if he goes to sleep for an hour (he usually sleeps at least two hours, on a normal day) at most.
I really, REALLY look forward to his nap times. For my own piece of mind, I need him to take a nap - or at least have quiet time without screaming. Mostly the screaming is about him trying not to fall asleep.
Is storytime and then the rush to get home in time for lunch too much for him? Too stimulating?
For a change of subject, I have eight posts fully ready to go for the A to Z Blogging Challenge. For some of the letters, I have known immediately the topic I wanted to do - but with some of the others, it's been difficult. My posts are sometimes going to seem random in terms of theme, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment