Two months post injury. . . maybe plantar plate tear. I will have to write an entire post about all of my research after it is confirmed.
Person (Dr?) who did ultrasound on both of my feet for comparison purposes seems to know what he is doing. He seems to know what is looking for. He also commented that I must have a high pain tolerance given that I am able to sort of walk on my foot! I always thought I had high pain tolerance until the dr I was seeing earlier said there was nothing wrong (it had all healed) any more, and told me to get acupuncture or a second opinion. I went the second opinion route first. . . which was a good plan. I should have done this sooner! (I think I saw a tear on the ultrasound.)
I have to wait for regular dr appointment for real results of ultrasound. Meanwhile, I will continue limping along. Still hoping for no surgery.
Although, to be honest, at this point I am willing to consider surgery if it will heal faster. This hasn't helped my goal of getting healthier and exercising more. I have been been told to limit exercise still right now. Actually, my foot still hurts just sitting flat on the floor . . . and best when elevated - even after all of these weeks. And to further note symptoms . . . heat still makes my foot hurt (even warm water n the shower), vibration in the car hurts, it feels better with support in the boot, when I first did this I had swelling on the plantar side and dorsally (on top), as well as bruising in the "v" on the plantar forefoot. I still have swelling both sides of my foot and up my second toe mostly, although my big toe and third toe look slightly swollen, too, in comparison to my other better foot.
I have found nothing online that exactly matches all of my symptoms! Very frustrating. Seriously, in descriptions of plantar plate tears, little of this is mentioned. And other patients' posts online include details that seem all over the map, from not much pain at all to up to a 9 (which is closer to my experience) . . . and no one mentions the vibration or warmth things, but perhaps that has to do with the swelling inflammation? Seriously.
Four more days and hopefully I will finally know a reason for this pain (and difficultly going about life) after two months.
Person (Dr?) who did ultrasound on both of my feet for comparison purposes seems to know what he is doing. He seems to know what is looking for. He also commented that I must have a high pain tolerance given that I am able to sort of walk on my foot! I always thought I had high pain tolerance until the dr I was seeing earlier said there was nothing wrong (it had all healed) any more, and told me to get acupuncture or a second opinion. I went the second opinion route first. . . which was a good plan. I should have done this sooner! (I think I saw a tear on the ultrasound.)
I have to wait for regular dr appointment for real results of ultrasound. Meanwhile, I will continue limping along. Still hoping for no surgery.
Although, to be honest, at this point I am willing to consider surgery if it will heal faster. This hasn't helped my goal of getting healthier and exercising more. I have been been told to limit exercise still right now. Actually, my foot still hurts just sitting flat on the floor . . . and best when elevated - even after all of these weeks. And to further note symptoms . . . heat still makes my foot hurt (even warm water n the shower), vibration in the car hurts, it feels better with support in the boot, when I first did this I had swelling on the plantar side and dorsally (on top), as well as bruising in the "v" on the plantar forefoot. I still have swelling both sides of my foot and up my second toe mostly, although my big toe and third toe look slightly swollen, too, in comparison to my other better foot.
I have found nothing online that exactly matches all of my symptoms! Very frustrating. Seriously, in descriptions of plantar plate tears, little of this is mentioned. And other patients' posts online include details that seem all over the map, from not much pain at all to up to a 9 (which is closer to my experience) . . . and no one mentions the vibration or warmth things, but perhaps that has to do with the swelling inflammation? Seriously.
Four more days and hopefully I will finally know a reason for this pain (and difficultly going about life) after two months.
No comments:
Post a Comment