Friday, December 12, 2014

Not in my imagination!

Yes, I have a partial plantar plate tear as well as some other issues in my right foot.  The "crackle snap pop" of a couple of months ago was not just all in my imagination as my previous dr made me feel.   Maybe you can't imagine how relieved I am that this is the case.  That said, I have also found out that these are rather difficult to really heal.  A simple fracture would have healed faster, and would have healed by now.

I diagnosed myself via online searches of my symptoms 10+ weeks ago . . . but then was with a dr who apparently didn't have a clue, and then an mri done that totally missed this tear . . . and the radiologist diagnosed me with Morton's Neuroma.  The dr who did the ultrasound last week laughed when I told him that. . .  he said, "That's funny!"  Entrapment neuritis could not be ruled out, but a neuroma of some kind was! 

And let's add tendon displacement, synovitis, swelling, and, oh, plantar fasciitis on top.  How fun.

  I will work on a further post with links to interesting tidbits of info on plantar plate tears. 


No comments:

Post a Comment