Monday, April 29, 2013

Y is for "You are My Sunshine"


(For my A to Z Blogging Challenge 2013, I am going to share music that has meant something to me in my life at some point.)


You Are My Sunshine ~  Carly Simon

1) It took four years for me to discover (last year) this version of  "You Are My Sunshine."  The lyrics are perfect.   

2) We sang the first verse, which I sang often to my baby in the hospital, at his funeral.  I do not sing it to my 
living son.  He has his own music. 

"You are my sunshine my only sunshineYou make me happy when skies are grayYou'll never know dear, how much I love youPlease don't take my sunshine away.
The other night as I lay sleepingI dreamed I held you in my armsWhen I awake dear, I was mistaken
Please don't take my sunshine away"
It is the second verse that really gets to me now.  




No comments:

Post a Comment