Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Games I Played Online pre-FB

Before Facebook, I played online games in my spare time.  I particularly liked Boggle-like word games.  Some of these still exist, and I play them occasionally even still.

As a child, I went to the various adult church groups with my parents.  They could not afford  babysitter for us all the time, for one thing.  My dad was the minister, so we even went to the social gatherings of the older church members, as well as the group that was more appropriate for my parents, who were younger than me at that point in time.

One of the popular games to play was Boggle . . . and not just regular boggle (four by four), but Big Boggle (five by five - there are a lot more word possibilities.)  I learned how to play.  Because I was only about 7 at that point in time, they were generous with me, and let me find three letter words, even though with Big Boggle, the minimum was four letter words for everyone else.   I loved the game.  I just loved games in general and still do, but there was something special about this particular game.

The first non-facebook word game that I have been playing for many years online is Word Wiggle.  http://www.wordwiggle.com   It is fairly plain, but you can create your own tournaments if you don't like the parameters of various boards and grids already up for tournament.

The second is Babble. http://www.playbabble.com/     I have been playing this for at least nine years at this point.    It is difficult!  There are usually over a hundred words to be found a day, but often even more.  There are usually words that I have no clue they are really words.   It is so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment