Friday, September 21, 2012

Dislike of Tattoos

Did you know that there are other people who dislike tattooes?   There are blogs and websites, as well.   It is wonderful as I thought I was might be one of the few!   I might be one of the few among grieving mothers . . . I know so many who have gotten tattooes in honor and memory of their deceased children.

I will say it right now.  I love my angel son and will always, infinitely, love him . . .  but I DO NOT NEED A TATTOO to show that!!

(Yes, I am using all caps on purpose.)


 He will always be tattooed in my heart and in my mind, but he doesn't need to be on my skin.

I already have enough skin things (rosacea, exzema, etc.) that I don't have a ton of control over, but I have control over this.  I don't need a tattoo.

I am not saying that others can't get tattoos.  Like many things in life, it is each persons' choice whether or not to get a tattoo.  I have even thought about where I would get a tattoo if I really wanted one . . . it would be super tiny, and on my lower back somewhere.  However, I have no idea what I would get.  Maybe a super tiny heart for my deceased son, but that seems cliche (even though he had heart defects.)  Maybe a broken heart, but again . . . cliche! Maybe a tiny lightning bolt would work, but, really, would I like it in the future?  I might not.  So why make it permanent?

Temporary tattoos are better.  I also had an excellent henna experience 10 years ago.  It faded away after a while, which was perfect!

I guess this comes about after seeing lots of photos of people with huge tattoos (women), and can't help thinking how pretty they would be without them.  They are pretty people, yes, but the tattoos are very distracting in the pictures.

That is my statement about tattoos.



No comments:

Post a Comment