Years ago - Feb 2001, actually - I wrote myself a contract, which I printed, signed and hung on my fridge. I then followed through. I lost 55 lbs total over 5 months. That said, I was 11 years younger then. And without thyroid hormone issues.
In the month since moving, I have become downright flabby. I have gone on a few short bike rides, and I can carry my two year old up and down stairs, although he is getting heavy. Other than that, my exercise routine has been non-existent, and my eating habits have gotten really bad. I'm craving sweets nearly all the time.
Here is what I have come up with thus far, "contract"-wise:
So . . . we'll see. I have done better with eating today, but when my son was napping, I was so tired that I couldn't move (I think Benedryl hangover again.) Maybe I need to add something about getting up at 6 am to work out . . . before my son wakes in the morning. That means getting to bed earlier at night.
In the month since moving, I have become downright flabby. I have gone on a few short bike rides, and I can carry my two year old up and down stairs, although he is getting heavy. Other than that, my exercise routine has been non-existent, and my eating habits have gotten really bad. I'm craving sweets nearly all the time.
Here is what I have come up with thus far, "contract"-wise:
1) I will eat more reasonably. This means regular-sized portions as opposed
to huge portions.
2) I will eat much less sugar. For instance, ice cream will be limited to no
more than twice a week.
3) I will try to exercise for at least 20 minutes a day
five days a week.
4) I will try to get back into running shape if
possible, so that just in case I am not pregnant or just newly had a baby, next
year in June I can run in a specific 5k.
5) I will not worry about trying to get pregnant. If I don’t worry, the more likely it will
happen.
So . . . we'll see. I have done better with eating today, but when my son was napping, I was so tired that I couldn't move (I think Benedryl hangover again.) Maybe I need to add something about getting up at 6 am to work out . . . before my son wakes in the morning. That means getting to bed earlier at night.
No comments:
Post a Comment