Saturday, December 31, 2011

Final Day of 2011 - Some Thoughts

Wow. . . it is the final day of 2011.   Some thoughts: 


1) It took most of the year for my left foot to heal.  One of my goals for 2011 was to run a 5k race and not come in last.   I am working toward that goal now, but will complete it in a few months in 2012.  I fell down the stairs in our apartment in December 2010, and basically broke a hard-to-heal major weightbearing little bone in my foot.  It took 10 whole months for the bone pain and bruise to completely resolve.  


2)  I am getting really good running shoes for Christmas. . . they are ordered and will arrive in a week.  One of B's misgivings is that he's afraid that my running/jogging activities will "break" me again.   I hope these shoes help.  Also, every even year starting in 2004, I have broken some bone in one of my feet and/or toes.   Here's to hoping that I  "break" this trend in 2012!


3)  I really enjoyed my community bell group this fall . . . we have a new director, and her enthusiasm and trust in our abilities as a group is contagious.   I SO looked for to rehearsal each and every week.  The week I had to call in sick I really felt bad about it, because I didn't want to miss even one week! 


4) This was the first Christmas in four years that B and I were with family . . .  living far away, in Tucson, we haven't made it back until this year, and it has been wonderful. . .  except for the lack of snow on the ground. . . not enough to take our little desert boy (N) sledding for the first time! 


5) We moved into a rental HOUSE (single-family, no shared walls) for the first time this year.  We are in love with our house!  In addition, it is right next to a good trail, and N and I bike frequently (as well as my jogging).   It has been heavenly for the last few months!  


In tomorrow's post, I will be creating my 2012 bucket list (things I intend to try to do during 2012.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment